Sole (pronounced Solay) the term Sole comes from the Latin “Sol” meaning Sun. Sole water is a mineral rich beverage of simply water that has been fully saturated with Himalayan salt.
Who hasn’t heard how salt can be harmful, so why would we want to drink Sole and intensly strong salt water mixture? Why because of the amazing benefits and health-supporting uses. This is an ancient remedy used by many cultures for centuries with a rich history of both anecdotal and scientifically supported evidence for the following uses:
- Improved Hydration– used first thing in the morning on an empty stomach Sole may re-hydrate the body after a restorative night sleep when the body is working to naturally repair and detox.
- Aids in Detoxification– naturally anti-bacterial Sole is useful as a natural detoxifier.
- Energy Booster– the high mineral content and stored energy in Sole naturally boost our own energy.
- Digestion stimulation– promotes better food absorption and bowel regularity.
- Improving blood sugar– Some people note improvements in blood sugar levels after using Sole.
- Anti-histamine activity– Sole can slow or balance the histamine effects on the body.
- Reduction in Muscle Cramps– cramps are generally caused by a lack of minerals especially potassium and magnesium. Sole’s high mineral content may offer relief of muscle cramps.
- Bone and vein health-high mineral content may support and alkalize the body and protect from bone loss.
- Blood Pressure– by alkalizing and adding mineral nutrients Sole may assist the body in normalizing the blood pressure.
- Weight management– By improving digestion and nourishing the body on a cellular level, Sole can help promote weight loss.
- Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails– again it’s all about the high mineral content. More nutrients in the body directly improves skin (and acne problems), hair and nails.
According to the book Water & Salt: The Essence of Life
“In a nine-week study undertaken in 2003 at the Inter-University of Graz, Austria examined the effects of Himalayan Crystal Salt on physical and psychological functions of the body. It is the only salt ever to have been the subject of comprehensive double-blind scientific research. The results of the study, presented in the book, Water & Salt – The Essence of Life by Dr. Barbara Hendel, M.D. and biophysicist Peter Ferreira, confirmed significant positive changes in respiratory, circulatory, organ, connective tissue and nervous system functions. Patients also reported increases in quality of sleep, energy and concentration levels, brain activity, weight loss, enhanced consciousness, and noticeable hair and nail growth.”
Where to Buy:
How to Make Sole:
This simply recipe only has two ingredients, salt and water.
1-2 cups of Himalayan Salt
Filtered water (I use distilled water also called empty water)
A Glass Jar
A plastic or non-metal lid
- Add ¼ of the Himalayan Salt to the glass jar
- Fill the jar with water and stir
- Cover with the plastic lid
- Let sit on the counter overnight
- Check the jar in the morning, if you see salt on the bottom of the jar, the water has absorbed its maximum amount of salt and the Sole is ready to use.
- If you don’t see salt, it has been completely absorbed, add more salt each day until you see a small amount remaining in the bottom of the jar. This means that the water is fully saturated with the salt.
- You can add more water and salt each night so you have a readily available Sole preparation.
How to Use Sole:
Once you have prepared the recipe above. You are ready to use it.
Prepare your drink by adding 1 tsp. of Sole to an 8 oz. glass of water each morning and consume on an empty stomach. You may increase to a 1tbsp. of Sole. It is recommended to start slow as this may start the body to detox and may cause a headache of loose bowels.
It will last indefinitely as salt is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
Disclaimer: This information is to educational purposes only. Do your own additional research and seek the advice of a licensed medical professional for medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Global Healing Center. Accessed March 12, 2014. The Benefits of Himalayan Salt Author: Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM (May 2009 last revised Sept 2010) http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/himalayan-crystal-salt-benefits/
- Saltnews.com, Accessed April 2011 Benefits of Himalayan Salt, Published on May 15, 2009 , Last Updated on April 2, 2011. http://www.saltnews.com/heating-using-cleaning-storing-your-himalayan-salt-block/
- Mercola.com, Accessed Aug 5, 2013 Discover this Soothing, Decorative Way to Help Reduce Indoor Air Pllutants and “Electro-Smog” in Areas of Your Home. http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/himalayan-salt-lamps.htm
- Our Earth Our Cure by Raymond Dextreit. Publisher: Citadel Pr (October 1993)
- Sea salt’s Hidden Powers by Dr. Jacques de Langre, Ph.D12th Edition 1992
- Curezone.com, Accessed March 10, 2014. Salts that Heal and Salts that Kill www.curezone.com/foods/saltcure.asp
- The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs, Publisher: www.snowballpublishing.com (June 19, 2013)
- Water & Salt, The Essence of Life by Dr. Barbara Hendel, MD and Biophysicist, Peter Ferreira Publisher: Natural Resources (January 1, 2003)