This is a 3 part series on the benefits and use of Himalayan salt. First, enjoy a detailed article from Dr. Edward F. Group III. Followed up with a recipe to make Sole which is concentrated mineral-rich formula consumed to hydrate, detox, and improve overall health. And lastly, the low-down on the pretty pink salt lamps, blocks, and inhalers we see in home and health food stores.
1. The Benefits of Himalayan Salt vs Common Table Salt
2. Sole Water: minerals for health
3. Using Himalayan Salt Lamps, Blocks, & Inhalers
Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
Published on May 15, 2009, Last Updated on September 10, 2013
Superior to traditional iodized salt Himalayan salt contains the same 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body. Created i.e. formed over the past 250 million years under intense tectonic pressure, no limited to no exposure to toxins and impurities.
Himalayan salt’s unique cellular structure allows it to store vibrational energy. Its minerals exist in a colloidal form, meaning that they are tiny enough for our cells to easily absorb.
Himalayan Salt Health Benefits vs Negative effects of table salt
- Controlling the water levels within the body, regulating them for proper functioning
- Promoting stable pH balance in the cells, including the brain.
- Encouraging excellent blood sugar health
- Aiding in reducing the common signs of aging
- Promoting cellular hydroelectric energy creation
- Promoting the increased absorption capacities of food elements within the intestinal tract
- Aiding vascular health
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Lowering the incidence of sinus problems, and promoting over-all sinus health
- Reducing muscle cramps
- Increasing bone strength
- Naturally promoting healthy sleep patterns
- Creating a healthy libido
- In combination with water, it is necessary for blood pressure regulation
- Prevents cellulite, when compared to table salt
- Reduces chances of developing rheumatism, arthritis, and gout, when compared to common chemically-treated salt
- Reduces chances of developing kidney and gall bladder stones when compared to common chemically-treated salt
Table salt: “The Health Destroyer”
Many people are unaware that common table salt contains chemicals and even sugar! Salt is necessary but can be dangerous if taken in this chemical form.
Table salt is composed of 97.5% sodium chloride and 2.5% chemicals like iodine and absorbents, and sugar. Common salt is dried at more than 1,200° Fahrenheit, a process which zaps many of the natural chemical structures.
The table and cooking salt found in most homes, restaurants, and processed foods is void of nutritional value, lacking beneficial trace minerals. Processing salt turns it into sodium chloride, an unnatural salt the human body actually sees as a toxic invader! The body cannot dispose of it in a natural, healthy way which can lead to inflammation of the tissues, water retention and high blood pressure.
Processed salt crystals are also energetically dead, as their crystals are completely isolated from one another. For the body to metabolize chemical table salt, it must waste tremendous amounts of energy to keep the body at optimum fluid balance. This creates a burden on the elimination systems in the body. Water is removed from other cells in an attempt to neutralize the unnatural sodium chloride.
Studies show that for each gram of table salt your system cannot process, your body will use over twenty times the amount of cellular water to neutralize the sodium chloride in chemically-treated salt. This can lead to cellulite, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, as well as kidney and gallbladder stones. The average American consumes 5,000 mg of sodium chloride a day.
Choosing to use Himalayan Salt as an alternative can have a big impact on your total health and well-being.
Article LINK: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/himalayan-crystal-salt-benefits/
- Global Healing Center. Accessed March 12, 2014. The Benefits of Himalayan Salt Author: Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM (May 2009 last revised Sept 2010) http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/himalayan-crystal-salt-benefits/
- Saltnews.com, Accessed April 2011 Benefits of Himalayan Salt, Published on May 15, 2009 , Last Updated on April 2, 2011. http://www.saltnews.com/heating-using-cleaning-storing-your-himalayan-salt-block/
- Mercola.com, Accessed Aug 5, 2013 Discover this Soothing, Decorative Way to Help Reduce Indoor Air Pllutants and “Electro-Smog” in Areas of Your Home. http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/himalayan-salt-lamps.htm
- Our Earth Our Cure by Raymond Dextreit. Publisher: Citadel Pr (October 1993)
- Sea salt’s Hidden Powers by Dr. Jacques de Langre, Ph.D12th Edition 1992
- Curezone.com, Accessed March 10, 2014. Salts that Heal and Salts that Kill www.curezone.com/foods/saltcure.asp
- The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs, Publisher: www.snowballpublishing.com (June 19, 2013)
- Water & Salt, The Essence of Life by Dr. Barbara Hendel, MD and Biophysicist, Peter Ferreira Publisher: Natural Resources (January 1, 2003)